Perfect for an appetizer, a light lunch, or just a snack, this bruschetta is ready in minutes. The bread can be toasted or broiled in the oven, but I prefer the char you get with a grill pan. I used this cast iron one from Staub. This would also be great with crumbled feta or goat cheese. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices French bread
- Small handful of basil, torn into small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine the halved tomatoes and torn basil in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Toast the bread on hot dry grill pan for about 30 seconds per side or until charred with grill marks. While still hot, rub one side of the bread with a garlic clove.
- Serve tomato mixture on top of bread