The perfect game day snack, just in time for the Super Bowl!
Doritos Crusted Mozzarella Sticks
- 8 Mozzarella Cheese sticks, cut in half
- 1 bag of Doritos, crushed into breadcrumb texture
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 milk
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Canola oil, for frying
- Set up a breading station with 3 bowls. 1 with the flour, salt, and pepper; 2 with the eggs, milk, and hot sauce; and 3 with the crushed Doritos. Heat oil to 365°F.
- Working one at a time, dredge each mozzarella stick in the flour, then egg, and then fully coat in Doritos bread crumbs. Lay on parchment paper until ready to fry
- A few at a time, fry the Mozzarella sticks until golden brown and crispy, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy them on their own or serve with marinara sauce.