Blood Orange Margarita
When blood oranges are in season, I’m always looking for ways to use them. They not only taste amazing, but also add great color, especially to this margarita.
This drink is a great twist on the classic margarita!
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz blood orange juice
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz – 1 oz* agave nectar or simple syrup
- course salt for rimming the glass
- lime wedges
- Rub lime around rim of glass. Add salt to a plate or small bowl along with some optional orange/lime zest. Place the rim into the salt and twist to rim the glass.
- Combine all the liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until the shaker is frosted and cold.
- Strain into rimmed glasses and serve with lime wedges/slices.
*adjust depending on how sweet you like it