Deep Fried Sous-Vide Yolk
These yolks are absolutely insane! It really doesn’t get any better, it’s deep fried yolk that just oozes out when you bite into it. Use these in stir fries, on burgers, or just eat them plain, you really can’t go wrong. If this doesn’t convince you to get a Nomiku, then nothing will. Get $20 off the wifi Nomiku when you use the code “thechefdan” at nomiku.com
Makes 4 eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- Canola oil, for frying
- Splash of Water
- Fill a large pot or cooking safe container with water and attach the Nomiku. Set the Nomiku to 63.7°C
- Place 4 eggs in the water and allow to cook for 1 hour. While the eggs are cooking, prepare a breading station by setting up 3 bowls. Bowl one should contain the flour, half the salt, half the pepper, and half the cayenne. Bowl two should contain 2 eggs, lightly scrambled, the Sriracha, and a splash of water. Bowl three should contain the Panko, remaining salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- After an hour, remove the eggs from the water and crack them onto a plate or shallow bowl (careful they will be hot!). being very careful, pull the whites away from the yolks (I like to hold them under a very light stream of room temperature water to help).
- Working one yolk at a time, coat in flour, then egg, then Panko.
- Heat oil to 350°F. Carefully place the yolks in the hot oil for 20-30 seconds until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.