Homemade Walnut Pesto
With this simple pesto ready in minutes, there’s no need to buy jarred pesto ever again. It’s so fresh and easy you can’t go wrong. My favorite way to eat it is to toss spaghetti or penne in it but it also makes a great spread for sandwiches.
I like to add the mint because I think it brightens it up but if you don’t like mint, or don’t have any on hand you can definitely just use more basil. You can also experiment by using different nuts. The great thing about this is you really can’t screw it up. If you find that the flavors aren’t right, you can always balance it out by adding more of something else.
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- ¼ cup mint leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Course Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Add basil, mint, and garlic to a food processor and pulse to roughly chop
- Add the walnuts and Parmesan and pulse several more times
- Lastly, add the olive oil and pulse to combine. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper
- If the pesto is too thick, slowly add more oil until you reach your desired consistency