Fried Chicken Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches
Whether its breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you really can’t go wrong with fried chicken. This sandwich is guaranteed not to disappoint.
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 dashes Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 ciabatta buns (or buns of preference)
- tomato, sliced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha mayo
- 2 eggs
- Canola oil, for frying
- In a bowl or ziplock bag, combine the chicken, buttermilk, and hot sauce. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight.
- Heat oil to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, salt, cayenne, and garlic powder in a bowl for the dredge. Remove chicken from buttermilk, allowing excess to drip off and coat in the flour dredge.
- Fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes until fully cooked through and golden brown. While the chicken is cooking, fry the eggs over medium low heat until the whites have set and the yolks are still runny.
- To build sandwiches, spread on the Sriracha mayo and top with tomatoes and lettuce. Place the chicken and then top with a fried egg.