Perfect Sous-Vide Burger
If you don’t have a Nomiku, you seriously need to consider getting one. Not only does it make some of the best steak I’ve ever had, but it also makes one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. This will be the juiciest burger of your life. I’m telling you, once you go Nomiku, there’s no going back. Get you’re own Nomiku at nomiku.com and use the code ‘thechefdan’ for $20 off the wifi version. You’ll thank me later.
This recipe is just for the actual burger. It can be dressed however you want!
- 7 ounces ground chuck
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- Fill a large pot or cooking safe container with water and attach the Nomiku. Set the Nomiku to 135°F. (This temperature will give you a perfect medium-rare. If a more done burger is desired, increase the temperature as necessary.
- Form ground chuck into a ball and then gently flatten into a thick patty using your hands. Chill the patties in the freezer to help them keep their shape when they are bagged. Place the patty into a large Ziplock and seal using the Water displacement method.
- When the Nomiku water bath is at desired temperature, place the sealed Ziplock in ensuring the burger is fully submerged. Allow to cook for 1 hour then remove from water.
- Remove the burger from the bag and dry well using paper towels. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes to slightly cool down. Pre heat cast iron skillet to high until it is screaming hot and smoking. generously season both sides of the burger with salt and pepper. Drop half the butter in the pan and carefully place in the burger. Sear for no more than 1 minute per side.
- Assemble burger as desired and enjoy one the best burgers you’ve ever had.