Donuts may seem difficult to make but this recipe is so simple and requires no special equipment, anyone can do it. They are perfect to make at home on a lazy Sunday. Enjoy!
Nutella and PB&J Stuffed Donuts
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 3.5 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 heaped tbsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Canola oil, for frying
- Nutella, Peanut butter, and Jam, for filling
- Add the milk and half the sugar to a pan and heat to about 110°F. Allow the sugar to dissolve then add yeast to a bowl and pour about half of the warmed milk over the yeast. Put the remaining milk back on the stove over a low heat and add butter.
- Add the flour and salt to a large mixing bowl creating a well in the center. Add the yolks and all the milk. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, fold in the surrounding flour until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and elastic, dusting with flour when necessary. Place the dough into a large bowl that his been lightly greased. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for an hour or until approximately doubled in size.
- When the dough has risen, punch it down on a floured work surface and roll out into a sheet about ¾’’ thick. Cut circles out using a 3” cookie cutter. Re-roll out excess dough and repeat. Place cut donuts onto parchment paper and allow to rise for another 30 minutes, covered.
- Combine remaining sugar with cinnamon in a wide bowl
- Heat oil to 340°F and fry donuts in batches for 1½ – 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Toss in cinnamon sugar while still hot.
- To fill donuts, use a pastry bag fitted with a plain nozzle and squeeze Nutella into some, and PB&J into others. Fill just until it starts to ooze out. Dust with powdered sugar and Serve immediately.
*These can also be made without filling them and they are still delicious